The ability to make timely, well-considered and informed decisions is important on a day to day to basis and also specifically in the context of project management. When things don’t go to plan and change is thrust upon us, leaders need to adopt a creative mindset to solve problems and find innovative solutions to the challenges they face.
Decision Making components:
Participants will learn tools and techniques for making decisions:
· Learn about different types of decision-making styles and the pros and cons of each approach
· Reflect on examples of unconscious bias that can lead to poor decisions and learn to overcome common decision-making traps
· Consider the principles of effective decision making in the context of project management
Participants will learn how to navigate change:
· Understand the key elements of successful change management from a strategic perspective
· Prepare and deliver a compelling story of change to boost buy-in and team motivation to facilitate a smooth change journey
· Manage different psychological reactions to change by understanding where they are in the change curve
Participants will learn to how to solve problems through creative thinking:
· Discuss the importance of creating a culture of innovation and entrepreneurial thinking for long term business success
· Practice out of the box techniques for creative thinking and solution generation
· Adopt a problem-solving framework (which includes practical tips for assessment, ideation, implementation and evaluation)
Decision Making is a leadership solution in the "ability" leadership pillar.
Ability is all about 3 leadership competencies: communication, collaboration and capacity.