Managing the performance of others is not something only “managers” have to do. Whether it’s giving constructive feedback, setting clear expectations or empowering a colleague struggling in their role, we all need to master the science of getting the best out of others.
Performance Management components:
Participants will be able to negotiate and influence:
· Become aware of the psychology and principles that influence us to say "yes"
· Prepare a negotiation strategy - including setting realistic objectives, creating rapport and how to deal with push back
· Apply a range of persuasion tactics in different work scenarios to achieve a successful outcome.
Participants will be able to deliver fantastic feedback:
· Understand the impact that feedback can have on performance and the mindset required before delivering it
· Practice a structured model for giving and receiving feedback in both formal and informal settings
· Create a culture of continuous feedback and learn how to deal with emotional reactions to feedback
Participants will be able to coach and develop others:
· Discover the benefits of coaching as a tool to manage performance, transform behaviours and unlock talent
· Know how to move to a coaching conversation by using powerful coaching questions
· Explore the coaching mindset and discover how to apply coaching techniques in the workplace
Performance management is a leadership solution in the "influence" leadership pillar.
Influence is all about 3 leadership competencies: credibility, connection and character.