Emotional intelligence is the ability to understand and manage your own emotions, as well as recognise, navigate and influence the emotions of those around you. A leader with a high level of EQ is able to create an inclusive environment built on a foundation of mutual trust and respect.
Emotional Intelligence components:
Participants will learn how to command trust and respect:
· Reflect on the importance of fostering a culture of trust and how it can lead to greater engagement and commitment
· Understand ideal behaviours for building trust (the trust formula) and learn how to spot behaviours that can undermine trust
· Implement practical tools to rebuild trust after it has been compromised
Participants will become more inclusive leaders:
· Deepen understanding of cultural sensitivities and become confident about challenging assumptions and stereotypes
· Gain an awareness of unconscious bias in relation to diversity and how these show up as micro-messages in daily interactions
· Create environments of psychological safety that help employees feel included, valued and accepted for who they are
Participants will be able to manage emotions at work:
· Understand how emotions work and reflect on own emotional triggers
· Learn how to tune into other people’s emotions and the power of emotional contagion
· Employ quick and easy mindfulness and meditation techniques to bring unwanted emotions under control
Emotional Intelligence is a leadership solution in the "influence" leadership pillar.
Influence is all about 3 leadership competencies: credibility, connection and character.